Hybrid Video Recorders
A hybrid video recorder (HVR) is designed to record surveillance video simultaneously from analog signal CCTV cameras and network IP Cameras. A HVR takes the analog signal and digitizes it in order to display and record it on a hard drive as well as transmit it over the network to client machines for live and recorded viewing. It also has built in technology to record network IP cameras. A HVR has direct CCTV inputs for each camera. HVRs come in 4, 8,16, and 32 channel systems. Each channel can display and record one camera. Some HVRs can support additional ip camera licenses which can be added individually as required.
- Has all the same network video advantages along with a few extras
- Compatible with traditional CCTV cameras
- Lower deployment costs when some existing CCTV infrastructure exists
- Newer HVRs capable for real-time (30 FPS) full D1 (DVD Quality) or 960H resolution recording from CCTV and higher resolutions on network cameras
- Easily stackable for lower cost solution for larger deployments
- Stackable with NVRs using central monitoring software
- Compatible with older PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) cameras that utilize RS-485 for communication
Variations in Recorder Technology
There are many variations in HVR (hybrid video recording) technologies. Hybrid video recorders come in a variety of platforms including PCI/PCIE capture cards along with software that can be run top traditional PC-based hardware architecture and run on top of a Windows, MAC or Linux operating system and embedded systems that come as a complete all-in-one system. Which type of system you choose and from which manufacturer varies upon the number and type of cameras, how much room for expansion you require and the features you desire.
Evyn Security offers free consultations to help you compare options that will best suit your needs. We can provide system specifications and show you system features and limitations. We can show you a demonstration of the system quality and features. Call or email us today to schedule a site visit or consultation.